PHF Summer Video

When Words Aren't Enough

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 2 - Prepared to Give an Answer

Don and I had the opportunity to speak and share with one girl named Lily who had worked in the Pearl Market for four years, 360 days/year and 10 hours/day. Don's fulfillment of his promise to "wait right here until his wife showed up" so that the she could try to sell Andrea a purse, built some trust and resulted in our ability to share what we are doing in China and about our families. I was moved to go back and give her The Book of John. I then was prompted to go back again and share John 3:16. She read a little further and asked what it meant. Afterward, I told Don about it, and he went and found her and asked, "Have you seen my friend?" She said, "He was just here, and he left me this book." Don told her what I said was TRUE and backed up my encouragement to read the book.
Serving Him in China,
Patrick


Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment