PHF Summer Video

When Words Aren't Enough

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 8 - Lessons Learned

Lori with 5 year old Jackie
This trip has definitely been used to show me some direction for my life all in ways that I wasn't even looking for.
I'll share with you a moment though that was both a learning experience and well, let me explain. Yesterday was our kid's day carnival, where we set up carnival games and snacks and water games and face painting and pretties for the girls hair and well you get the idea. Anyway, we were supposed to help them understand the games by leading by example and showing them how the game worked. I had the ring toss which worked great with the kids. We had lined up several bottles with some type of sweet milk drink in them and gave them rings to toss on them and then they would get a prize out of the prize bag. All of the games were setup similarly so I thought that it was pretty self explanatory after all the kids understood it and were going from booth to booth. When the nannies started playing it all changed, after they got the ring on the bottle they smiled and took the bottle. I tried to explain that it was part of the game, oh well, that didn't work out. After the first nanny did that several came over, placed not threw the ring on the bottle, picked it up and left. After less than a minute, I had no game left. Suddenly it was time for me to mingle and play with the kids, which after all, was why we were here so I was perfectly happy with that. Besides, they REALLY enjoyed the milk drinks. Lesson learned- don't use actual drinks for a game if you want the game to continue. Second lesson learned- His plans are always better.

So much more learned and to be learned but I will leave it at this for now! See you all soon!

Lori R

No comments:

Post a Comment